As an online shopper, I know you’re always looking for ways to save. This could be through discounts, vouchers, or exclusive deals. Coupons are a driving force behind customer loyalty, so not including them on your WooCommerce site could mean missing opportunities to reel in customers who might otherwise pass up your products.
Using WooCommerce and WordPress coupon plugins on your website can be a game-changer. It’s a simple and powerful, way to engage your customers, solidify their loyalty, and entice new visitors to make purchases.
We’ve created this post to walk you through the benefits of giving coupons away on your WooCommerce & WordPress site, and some key considerations when choosing a plugin that will make it possible. We’ll then provide you with a list of the 7 most powerful WooCommerce and WordPress coupon plugins that are guaranteed to make the process as easy as possible!
Why You Should Give WooCommerce Coupons Via Your WordPress Website
Coupons are often misunderstood and taken for granted by shoppers. Yet, they’re necessary to balance out the budget of many individuals- not just those on a tight budget. Consumers of all types use coupons when shopping.
To understand the value of coupons, consider these statistics:
- 96% of all consumers will use a coupon if they have one
- 91% of customers say they look for discounts before shopping at any retailer
- More than three-quarters of 18-to-35-year-olds want loyalty or discount programs with their favorite brands.
- This year, an astounding 52% of all adults will utilize an online coupon.
- 49% of customers are looking for ways to continue buying your products but at discounted rates.
Clearly, online shoppers want to spend money. They want to find deals, and they don’t want to waste their money. Who doesn’t love saving money?
As COVID-19 continues to take its toll on the economy and small businesses, it’s important for you as the owner of a WooCommerce store to consider your strategies for long-term customer acquisition, satisfaction, and loyalty. One of the best ways to improve in all of these areas is to offer your customers special coupons and discounts.
There are a lot of WooCommerce coupon plugins out there, so it’s easy to offer discounts and deals for your services and products. Here are a few reasons to consider it:
- Coupons are a great way to boost customer loyalty. Customers like getting savings!
- This is important for driving conversions and sales.
- Discounts can increase traffic to your WooCommerce site and eventually sales, depending on the type of discount offered.
- You’ll be able to connect with new opportunities and markets.
If you’re worried about adding more plugins hurting your site’s speed, don’t worry. We’ve worked with some of the best WooCommerce and WordPress coupon plugins in the industry and they won’t affect your WooCommerce store’s performance.
Reading Suggestion – The Top 5 Best WooCommerce Subscription Plugins To Use For Your Store
What You Need to Look For When Choosing WooCommerce and WordPress Coupon Plugins
People always ask us, “Which WooCommerce and WordPress coupon plugin is the best one?” There’s no way to answer this question in general. It all depends on a variety of factors including your budget, whether you want discounts with WooCommerce-specific features, and more.
As you may know, WooCommerce comes with a built-in coupon feature. But if you want to truly benefit from discounts on your site, you’ll need to use a dedicated plugin.
Perhaps you’re looking for a simple solution to displaying coupons on your WordPress site. Maybe you need something more robust, which gives you the option of applying certain cart conditions for each voucher and allows for adding coupons to popups to boost conversion rates.
One of the first steps in creating coupons for your customers is to understand what type of coupons you want to offer. It will make it easier to select a coupon plugin and determine what features you want it to have. Regardless of how simple or complex a solution you’re looking for, there are key factors you should look into, including:
- With a healthy number of positive reviews and ratings
- Regular maintenance and updates from the developer are a vital part of using the plugin.
- Setup is quick and simple, integrations are straightforward, and configuration will only take a few minutes.
- Options for customizing the appearance (UX) and delivery of coupons
There are a lot of factors you’ll want to consider when choosing WooCommerce coupon plugins. For example, there’s the type of website you have. Most of the plugins included on our list will be easy to use for most WordPress websites, but many of them can also be applied to other types of platforms as well. For instance, some might work with affiliate marketing or membership sites just as well as WooCommerce sites.
7 Most Powerful WooCommerce and WordPress Coupon Plugins
Once you’ve made up your mind to start giving away coupons, it’s time to decide which plugin to use. On that note, let’s take a look at 7 of the best WordPress and WooCommerce coupon plugins out there:
1- Discount Rules for WooCommerce – PRO
Discount Rules for WooCommerce – PRO is the most powerful discount plugin. With it, you can run a wide range of promotions, like bulk discounts, BOGO (by one get one) offers, and more. You’ll also love all the extra features we’ve thrown in as well: user-role-based discounts, conditional coupons based on categories, products purchased, and more.
This plugin will let you automatically apply discounts for customers who meet certain requirements. This reduces the amount of effort from you or your customer and leaves them feeling good about your business.
Say you want to give a 10% discount to anyone who buys five of your products at once, but humans might have trouble remembering it. With this plugin, a customer could get the coupon just by adding five of your items to their cart! They don’t need a code or anything!
This WordPress coupon plugin gives you three simple steps to create discounts with a wizard-like interface. WooCommerce customers can also view available promotions on your product pages and in their carts.
Plugin Features Include:
- Dependent product discounts (Buy product “A” and get a discount on product “B”)
- By one Get one offer that supports both Buy X and Get X and Buy X Get Y
- Discount based on Attributes
- Conditional Free Shipping such as Quantity, Purchase History, Subtotal, or location of delivery
- Apply discount based on cart total
- Apply discount based on the purchase history of the customer
- Dynamic discount and price based on quantity range
- Apply multiple discount rules per purchase
There is a free version of this plugin, but we recommend opting for the premium edition of Discount Rules for WooCommerce, which costs $59 per year. In addition to extra features and advanced functionality, it also includes a 14-day refund policy and one year of updates, support, and updates.
2- YITH WooCommerce Gift Cards
The YITH WooCommerce Gift Cards plugin helps you to give online shoppers the opportunity to purchase gift cards for your WooCommerce store. After paying for the card, customers will receive an email with a customized gift card and a corresponding discount code.
Giving away gift cards is a strategic way to generate more customers. Loyalty programs and coupons are both beneficial for generating leads, plus they happen to involve sales.
This advanced, premium version of the plugin includes a lot of helpful features, like the ability to create physical and digital gift cards, allow customers to set their own gift card amounts, send gift cards directly to recipients, and even give customers the opportunity to create customized messages.
Plugin Features Include:
- Translation ready
- After every use gift card credit updates
- Customizable design, including custom image setup
- Delivery scheduling for gift card
- Multiple carts and checkout pages from display options
- Gift card purchasers can suggest products to end user
A basic version of the product is available for free. Alternatively, you can purchase a pro, business, or lifetime license. Regardless of which one you choose, they all include at least one year of support and updates. Pro will cost you $129.99 / Year.
Reading Suggestion – The 10 Best Map Plugins for WordPress