As an online shopper, I know you’re always looking for ways to save. This could be through discounts, vouchers, or exclusive deals. Coupons are a driving force behind customer loyalty, so not including them on your WooCommerce site could mean missing opportunities to reel in customers who might otherwise pass up your products.
Using WooCommerce and WordPress coupon plugins on your website can be a game-changer. It’s a simple and powerful, way to engage your customers, solidify their loyalty, and entice new visitors to make purchases.
We’ve created this post to walk you through the benefits of giving coupons away on your WooCommerce & WordPress site, and some key considerations when choosing a plugin that will make it possible. We’ll then provide you with a list of the 7 most powerful WooCommerce and WordPress coupon plugins that are guaranteed to make the process as easy as possible!
Why You Should Give WooCommerce Coupons Via Your WordPress Website
Coupons are often misunderstood and taken for granted by shoppers. Yet, they’re necessary to balance out the budget of many individuals- not just those on a tight budget. Consumers of all types use coupons when shopping.
To understand the value of coupons, consider these statistics:
- 96% of all consumers will use a coupon if they have one
- 91% of customers say they look for discounts before shopping at any retailer
- More than three-quarters of 18-to-35-year-olds want loyalty or discount programs with their favorite brands.
- This year, an astounding 52% of all adults will utilize an online coupon.
- 49% of customers are looking for ways to continue buying your products but at discounted rates.
Clearly, online shoppers want to spend money. They want to find deals, and they don’t want to waste their money. Who doesn’t love saving money?
As COVID-19 continues to take its toll on the economy and small businesses, it’s important for you as the owner of a WooCommerce store to consider your strategies for long-term customer acquisition, satisfaction, and loyalty. One of the best ways to improve in all of these areas is to offer your customers special coupons and discounts.
There are a lot of WooCommerce coupon plugins out there, so it’s easy to offer discounts and deals for your services and products. Here are a few reasons to consider it:
- Coupons are a great way to boost customer loyalty. Customers like getting savings!
- This is important for driving conversions and sales.
- Discounts can increase traffic to your WooCommerce site and eventually sales, depending on the type of discount offered.
- You’ll be able to connect with new opportunities and markets.
If you’re worried about adding more plugins hurting your site’s speed, don’t worry. We’ve worked with some of the best WooCommerce and WordPress coupon plugins in the industry and they won’t affect your WooCommerce store’s performance.
Reading Suggestion – The Top 5 Best WooCommerce Subscription Plugins To Use For Your Store
What You Need to Look For When Choosing WooCommerce and WordPress Coupon Plugins
People always ask us, “Which WooCommerce and WordPress coupon plugin is the best one?” There’s no way to answer this question in general. It all depends on a variety of factors including your budget, whether you want discounts with WooCommerce-specific features, and more.
As you may know, WooCommerce comes with a built-in coupon feature. But if you want to truly benefit from discounts on your site, you’ll need to use a dedicated plugin.
Perhaps you’re looking for a simple solution to displaying coupons on your WordPress site. Maybe you need something more robust, which gives you the option of applying certain cart conditions for each voucher and allows for adding coupons to popups to boost conversion rates.
One of the first steps in creating coupons for your customers is to understand what type of coupons you want to offer. It will make it easier to select a coupon plugin and determine what features you want it to have. Regardless of how simple or complex a solution you’re looking for, there are key factors you should look into, including:
- With a healthy number of positive reviews and ratings
- Regular maintenance and updates from the developer are a vital part of using the plugin.
- Setup is quick and simple, integrations are straightforward, and configuration will only take a few minutes.
- Options for customizing the appearance (UX) and delivery of coupons
There are a lot of factors you’ll want to consider when choosing WooCommerce coupon plugins. For example, there’s the type of website you have. Most of the plugins included on our list will be easy to use for most WordPress websites, but many of them can also be applied to other types of platforms as well. For instance, some might work with affiliate marketing or membership sites just as well as WooCommerce sites.
7 Most Powerful WooCommerce and WordPress Coupon Plugins
Once you’ve made up your mind to start giving away coupons, it’s time to decide which plugin to use. On that note, let’s take a look at 7 of the best WordPress and WooCommerce coupon plugins out there:
1- Discount Rules for WooCommerce – PRO
Discount Rules for WooCommerce – PRO is the most powerful discount plugin. With it, you can run a wide range of promotions, like bulk discounts, BOGO (by one get one) offers, and more. You’ll also love all the extra features we’ve thrown in as well: user-role-based discounts, conditional coupons based on categories, products purchased, and more.
This plugin will let you automatically apply discounts for customers who meet certain requirements. This reduces the amount of effort from you or your customer and leaves them feeling good about your business.
Say you want to give a 10% discount to anyone who buys five of your products at once, but humans might have trouble remembering it. With this plugin, a customer could get the coupon just by adding five of your items to their cart! They don’t need a code or anything!
This WordPress coupon plugin gives you three simple steps to create discounts with a wizard-like interface. WooCommerce customers can also view available promotions on your product pages and in their carts.
Plugin Features Include:
- Dependent product discounts (Buy product “A” and get a discount on product “B”)
- By one Get one offer that supports both Buy X and Get X and Buy X Get Y
- Discount based on Attributes
- Conditional Free Shipping such as Quantity, Purchase History, Subtotal, or location of delivery
- Apply discount based on cart total
- Apply discount based on the purchase history of the customer
- Dynamic discount and price based on quantity range
- Apply multiple discount rules per purchase
There is a free version of this plugin, but we recommend opting for the premium edition of Discount Rules for WooCommerce, which costs $59 per year. In addition to extra features and advanced functionality, it also includes a 14-day refund policy and one year of updates, support, and updates.
2- YITH WooCommerce Gift Cards
The YITH WooCommerce Gift Cards plugin helps you to give online shoppers the opportunity to purchase gift cards for your WooCommerce store. After paying for the card, customers will receive an email with a customized gift card and a corresponding discount code.
Giving away gift cards is a strategic way to generate more customers. Loyalty programs and coupons are both beneficial for generating leads, plus they happen to involve sales.
This advanced, premium version of the plugin includes a lot of helpful features, like the ability to create physical and digital gift cards, allow customers to set their own gift card amounts, send gift cards directly to recipients, and even give customers the opportunity to create customized messages.
Plugin Features Include:
- Translation ready
- After every use gift card credit updates
- Customizable design, including custom image setup
- Delivery scheduling for gift card
- Multiple carts and checkout pages from display options
- Gift card purchasers can suggest products to end user
A basic version of the product is available for free. Alternatively, you can purchase a pro, business, or lifetime license. Regardless of which one you choose, they all include at least one year of support and updates. Pro will cost you $129.99 / Year.
Reading Suggestion – The 10 Best Map Plugins for WordPress
3- Points and Rewards For WooCommerce Pro
Points and Rewards For WooCommerce Pro is the perfect solution for rewarding your store’s customers. Users receive points for engaging in certain store activities, such as signups, referrals, and product reviews. They can then use these points to purchase vouchers which they can spend on your products.
With points and rewards for the WooCommerce Pro extension, you can assign points to individual products and categories on your site. You can decide if your users are allowed to share points with other customers and add or subtract points manually.
One of the main advantages of using this WooCommerce coupon plugin is that it simplifies and automates your marketing. You can use this plugin to acquire new customers, increase loyalty among current ones, and generate more product reviews for your store.
Plugin Features Include:
- When our customers want to purchase products, they can use their points. If their points don’t cover the amount, then the customer can choose to make up the difference with PayPal.
- Manually manage and set expiration date and point for points
- Set Point threshold based on different membership levels to attain each one.
- Option to share referral links via social media platforms
Ready to see this plugin in action? Click the link for a live demo and get your questions answered. If you’re ready to commit, you can select from three different pricing plans depending on what you need: a Single site ($79), 5 websites ($189), or 10 websites ($259).
4- Smart Coupons for WooCommerce
With the Smart Coupon for WooCommerce plugin, you can offer store credit, gift vouchers, and more. This extension boosts your WooCommerce coupon system.
One of our personal favorite features of this plugin is that you can create multiple products available with a single coupon code. For example, a customer can use this coupon at checkout and choose from the items they’ve selected to be redeemable by the offer.
Plugin Features Include:
- Various checkout options with Coupon Restrictions
- Can generate Bulk coupons
- Provide the option to import coupons as CSV file
- Customers can email Gift Coupons to their friends and family
This premium plugin is available in three different pricing tiers, starting at $69 for a single-site license. All plans come with one year of ticketed support and updates as well as a 100 percent money-back guarantee.
5- Code Shop WordPress Coupon Plugin
Code Shop WordPress Coupon plugin is a powerful tool that enables you to sell coupons, vouchers, and licenses right on your website. It links seamlessly with payment gateways like PayPal, Authorize.Net, and Stripe, and can easily be inserted into any WordPress page using a shortcode. You’ll also be able to accept bitcoins using the Blockchain.info API with Code Shop for WordPress.
As a great way to increase your revenue, Code Shop for WordPress coupon plugin is effective and lets you endow your content with a wide range of different discounts. You can send these coupons and vouchers to your followers via email in any number of languages and will translate automatically.
Plugin Features Include:
- Support Multi-currency
- Accept all major credit and debit card
- Visitor can set their own price (Flexible price support)
- Free coupon and voucher distribution
- Coupon delivery to the customer via email
If you’re interested in trying the Code Shop WordPress Coupon plugin before buying it, you can see how it works with the demo. The price for a plugin license starts at $21 and includes six months of support, with an extended 12-month support plan available for an additional $6.
Reading Suggestion – Why WordPress Maintenance Is Crucial For Small Businesses?
6- Advanced Coupons
If you want to create coupon codes with more advanced features than the standard WooCommerce coupons, then Advanced Coupons is a WooCommerce coupon plugin for you. With this plugin, you can create offers like a BOGO (Buy One Get One) deal with ease.
It integrates with WooCommerce and has features like coupon URLs, scheduled coupons, automatic application of coupons, and more. The plugin is easy to use and can help your online store experience an influx in traffic and revenue.
Plugin Features Include:
- Virtual coupons with bulk coupon code
- Add products via coupons
- Buy X Get X Coupons
- Subscription coupon support
- Cashback Coupons
- Advanced coupon scheduling
7- Coupon Creator
Coupon Creator is an easy-to-use WordPress coupon plugin that has a few settings with a custom post type to configure. All you have to do is generate a shortcode and place your coupon on any post or page and Coupon Creator will take care of the rest.
With this plugin, coupons will display until their original expiration date – unless you choose to leave them active indefinitely. You can also create and display WooCommerce-specific coupons, use the bulk functionality for expiration dates, and even set a coupon counter so a voucher is only valid for a specific number of uses.
Plugin Features Include:
- Feature of “Reveal Code”
- Customization option for unique coupon design
- Search functionality available
- Row and Column capability for multiple coupons
- Users can print coupons with a Print view for customer option
- Admin can integrate Google Analytics
You can download the free version of the Coupon Creator plugin from the WordPress Plugin Directory. For even more features, you can purchase Coupon Creator Pro for just $34 per year. This premium option includes three licenses with price points as low as $34 per year to $299 per year.
Reading Suggestion – 5 Key Benefits of Using a Quality WordPress Page Speed Optimization Service
Tips for Offering Coupons on Your WooCommerce Store
Now that you have a solid foundation of WordPress and WooCommerce coupon plugins, let’s take a look at how to help make sure your discount methods go well with your customers:
- It’s easy to make products instantly accessible. If you’ve got a great coupon for a specific item or service, lead shoppers directly to it with clear and concise language so they have the best chance of completing their purchase.
- Let customers easily find your coupon by making it visible on your website. To do this, be sure to display any discounts or sales you offer in a prominent place so visitors see them right away.
- It’s important to keep your coupons relevant. For example, if someone has already purchased a one-month subscription, they may prefer that you offer them a 15% coupon on their next purchase.
- Coupons are an extension of your brand. They help you build a rapport with customers and break down the barrier between online and in-store shopping. With a little creativity, you can draw attention to coupons by writing enticing copy that conveys the rarity and value of your offer.
- Too many deals and vouchers can make people feel like they aren’t special. Variations in design and wording will make them seem fresh instead.
- Many customers are willing to offer something in exchange for a great deal. You can seize these opportunities to boost your lead count!
Offering coupons to your site visitors isn’t as simple as just asking them to enter discount codes and expecting sales to roll in. It’s a certain finesse and strategy that includes acquiring, engaging, and retaining customers.
If you want to encourage potential customers to purchase from your WordPress site and WooCommerce store, coupons are an excellent way to do so. However, a WooCommerce and WordPress coupon plugin can help.
As we discussed, we’ve gone over a few of the different WordPress and WooCommerce coupon plugins to help take some of the stress out of setting discount rules on your site. Depending on what features you want, there are all kinds of options available. A good example would be Discount Rules for WooCommerce if you’re looking for an easy way to automatically apply discounts without any coding involved. Otherwise, YITH WooCommerce Gift Cards might be best for you if you offer gift cards that customers can use at checkout.
If you need help setting up a WooCommerce coupon plugin on your WooCommerce store, you’ve come to the right place. WP Small Fix’s WordPress maintenance plans and WordPress optimization service are designed to simplify your site upkeep and maintenance, so you can focus on driving traffic and increasing customer conversions. Sign up today!